In the Public Sector, two important technology goals are leveraging efficiencies to lower IT costs, and increasing resource sharing across geographic locations. Sphere 3D delivers the fastest and most flexible computing solution in the industry, empowering IT organizations to meet key business drivers for the Public Sector including:
- Providing highly available, consistent and reliable services to government employees and public users
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, such as HIPAA (for city, state and federal health organizations), COPPA, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (for libraries), and FIPS (for US government agencies and departments), and PCI-DSS (for city, state and federal organizations that accept credit card payments), and DOD regulations
- Leveraging shared infrastructure (applications, hardware, connectivity) to share data across different locations
- Providing government employees with the ability to be more efficient and stay within budget
- Simplifying the management of complex IT solutions while delivering high-quality services
- Protecting data and user privacy
- Ensuring scalability and easy, nimble deployment in getting a new installation up and running quickly (especially as part of a natural disaster or emergency response)
- Ensuring high availability, performance and scalability of services
- Extending the accessibility and reach of information to the public
- Saving money on both operational and capital expenses
Sphere 3D understands these needs and addresses them
with our Desktop Cloud Computing technology.
Sphere 3D’s role: how do we fit into the Government environment?
Our Desktop Cloud Computing Appliances deliver 25 – 400 virtual Windows® desktops per unit, with guaranteed performance that is 2x – 8x faster than physical desktops. The drop-in server appliances elegantly integrate into an existing VMware infrastructure (whether at the customer site or the datacenter), providing the computing and local storage needed for hosting virtual desktops. We also offer Sphere 3D’s V3 Desktop Cloud Orchestrator software to simplify the creation, management and movement of dedicated virtual desktops, including policies for failover. This desktop management software aggregates key features that a desktop administrator would need from VMware’s vCenter and View into a centralized console.
What does this mean for you?
- For elected officials and government managers, Sphere 3D’s V3 solution delivers high-performance virtual desktops that increase employee productivity, saving time and money. High-density appliances economically deliver virtual desktop resources to multiple offices, lowering IT overhead and enabling better resource sharing across entities. In addition, Sphere 3D’s optimized technologies and management tools help reduce overhead on virtual desktop management.
- For government IT administrators, Sphere 3D’s V3 solution offers simple deployment and centralized management with increased performance. Whether Sphere 3D’s V3 solution is hosted locally or at the datacenter, any product upgrades, Windows updates and software patches can be pushed out to virtual desktops in hours (not days or weeks), saving on overhead costs.
- For government employees and public patrons, Sphere 3D’s V3 solution provides employees with highly available, consistent and reliable access to cloud services through high-performance virtual desktops, enabling increased personal productivity.
With Sphere 3D’s solution you can expect
to experience the following benefits:
- Increased information outreach and accessibility for employees and the public, because V3 virtual desktops can be delivered to a wide variety of endpoint devices, including desktops, smartphones, laptops, and tablets
- Improved collaboration across entities through shared applications
- Reduced overhead on the managed services for virtual desktops with Sphere 3D’s V3 optimized technologies and management tools
- Drop-in solution that is easily managed. Appliances are pre-provisioned and pre-configured for optimal performance
- Zero, thin and thick clients are highly energy-efficient, saving on operational costs. V3 virtual desktops are up to 82% more energy efficient than physical desktops.
- Minimized downtime for administrative operations, upgrades, and maintenance since virtual desktop changes are made to a virtual image and then pushed out to client terminals
- Extended desktop hardware replacement cycle, since thick, thin and zero clients become obsolete less quickly than PCs or laptops
- Increased personal productivity for employees and users because of Sphere 3D’s V3 high-performance desktops.
- Decreased support costs through central management of software versioning, product upgrades and software patches
- Enhanced security through controlled and restricted access, and greater control of virtual datacenters and cloud environments
- Scalability is as easy as adding another V3 Appliance, or allocating a new appliance to a new location
- Increased flexibility in controlling access, whether providing information to the general public, or restricting access to sensitive data