- Setup your Microsoft Azure Account
You don’t need to be an expert at using Microsoft Azure to run G-Series Cloud, but you must have an Azure account to get started. If you already have a Microsoft Azure account, then you can move to Step 3, otherwise you should spend a few minutes here https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/get-started/ to familiarize yourself with Azure then go to https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/free-trial/ to sign up for a Microsoft Azure account and get a 30-day $200 trial.
- Log on to the Azure Portal, go to the Azure Marketplace and search for Sphere 3D.
- Create a new G-Series Cloud Virtual Machine and configure its basic settings.
Follow the Azure Marketplace step-by-step instructions to complete set-up of the virtual machine taking into account the following guidance:- The Virtual Machine Name must be no more than 15 characters’ long.
- Do not use “Admin” for the User Name.
- To simplify initial implementation chose Password-based authentication, and create a new Resource Group.
- For optimum responsiveness chose the Azure region nearest to the majority of your users.
- For optimum application performance co-locate the GW Cloud VM with your application data.
- Choose the right size Virtual Machine.G-Series Cloud can be run on any Azure virtual machine from A1 to A11. For large production workloads we recommend the A7, A10, or A11 VMs, but for initial testing purposes one of the smaller VMs should be sufficient. When using a typical productivity application such as Microsoft Word, an A3 instance should be able to support up to about 120 concurrent application sessions, while an A11 can run as many as 1400 concurrent sessions depending on application resource requirements.
- Configure the VM’s optional settings:- Accept the default settings for all Storage and Networking prompts.
- Disable Monitoring Diagnostics.
- Select None for the Availability Set.
- Create the VM.
- Open a browser and connect to VM’s public IP Address and login using the default Administrator ID provided in the Admin Guide. The Initial Setup Wizard will now guide you through the remaining configuration steps.
- Register for support at http://gwsupport.sphere3d.comFor step-by-step help, see Chapter 2 of the G-Series Cloud Administrators Guide, and if you run into any problems during initial setup or subsequent operation of G-Series Cloud, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- Review the Sphere 3D Glassware 2.0 Application Compatibility Guide and get ready to containerize and publish your first applications.